If you’re the proud owner of a collection of Hermès cashmere scarves and you want to treat them as best as possible to keep their beauty intact, we bring you some unmissable tips to help you preserve their elegance and value for much longer.
Follow these tips carefully and you will surely enjoy your Hermès cashmere scarf for many years to come. Don’t miss it!
- Where to store a Hermès cashmere scarf?
- How to wash a Hermès cashmere scarf?
- How to deal with a stain on a Hermès cashmere scarf?
- How to handle a Hermès cashmere scarf?
- Reserve for special occasions
Where to store a Hermès cashmere scarf?
Storage is one of the main key points to allow you to have preserved cashmere scarves, as you know, Hermès materials are of very high quality, but they are also delicate and they need to be treated correctly and stored in the right place to keep them looking as new.
If you have a Hermès cashmere scarf, or a combination of cashmere and silk, you need to always store it in its original packaging, that is the original Hermès box, this is the only place where it can be truly protected from any external agents. Make sure to lay it flat inside the box without folding it too much.
You should never hang your Hermès cashmere scarf inside your closet, not only because the hanging position can unravel it with time, but also because it is exposed to rubbing against other garments or it is vulnerable to any dust, dirt, humidity or even moths that may show up.
When it comes to the ideal storage space for your Hermès cashmere scarf, it is ideal that you find a place in your home that is free from humidity and drastic temperature changes, as these two elements can quickly damage the materials appearance and can lead to the presence of moths and mold growth. Try to keep your cashmere scarf in a fresh dry space where there is no direct sunlight, as the UV rays can also cause discoloration to the colorful designs printed on the scarf.
How to wash a Hermès cashmere scarf?
Washing your cashmere scarf should be something you do as a last resort, not a regular occurrence. The more you wash your cashmere scarves, the more they lose shape and color, and they can suffer serious unraveling. This is why you should only wash your Hermès cashmere scarf if it is visibly dirty or if it has many stains.
For this it is advisable to apply hand washing, as it is a more delicate way to get rid of dirt without compromising the scarf to rough movements inside a washing machine. Here are some steps to wash your Hermès cashmere scarf easily:
- Use a bowl that is big enough to contain your cashmere scarf. If you don’t have one you can also use your kitchen or bathroom sink, but you must clean it thoroughly before putting the scarf inside. Remember not to use bleach to clean your sink, as it can discolor the scarf.
- Soak the cashmere scarf in cold water and apply a few drops of mild soap. Let it sit for a few minutes, carefully moving the scarf with your hands without rubbing or wringing.
- Once the dirt starts showing on the water, discard the initial water and rinse the scarf completely until there are no more traces of soap.
- Don’t wring or twist the scarf, just lay it flat on top of a cotton towel and allow it to release the excess water. You can press it gently inside the towel to help it dry faster.
- When the scarf is dry enough, put it on a new dry towel and let it air dry under the shade. You can also hang it carefully using a soft hanger to help it dry even faster.
- If your scarf needs ironing after it is dry, lay it between two cotton sheets and iron it carefully using the coldest settings in your iron.
How to deal with a stain on a Hermès cashmere scarf?
Taking care of your Hermès cashmere scarf implies being careful with possible liquids or substances that may stain it, but even the most careful owners can have an accident and get their cashmere scarves stained. But don’t worry, everything can be solved. Here are some simple tips to get rid of stains on a Hermès cashmere scarf:
- Right after your scarf gets stained it is important to apply water right away in that spot, you can also apply a drop of mild soap if you got a chocolate, wine or tomato sauce stain, as they are harder to get rid of.
- Rub the stain spot delicately with your finger, trying for the soap to penetrate the stain.
- After a little rubbing, rinse that specific spot with cold water. Then let it air dry in a shaded place, either hanging from a soft hanger or placing it on a clean cotton towel.
- If the stain is persistent and it is still showing after rubbing with soap and water, it is best to hand wash the whole scarf or take it to the Hermès maintenance service to be handled by professionals.
How to handle a Hermès cashmere scarf?
Another important part of keeping your Hermès cashmere scarf as intact as possible is knowing how to handle them properly. When taking them out of their box and putting them on, avoid any jewelry in your hands, wrists or neck that can tangle with the delicate cashmere threads and unravel the scarf. Avoid the scarf getting tangled with your hair, as it can also cause damage to the garment and your hair.
When tying it around your neck or in any other creative way, don’t make knots that are too tight, try to keep them firm but not tight, as they can be difficult to untie and this may cause great damage to the cashmere, breaking it, unraveling it or even causing a permanent deformation.
Before wearing your Hermès cashmere scarf let your lotions, perfumes and hair products dry completely before wearing the scarf, the chemicals in these products can cause discoloration or damage to the fabric. Never apply perfumes after you’re already wearing the scarf or directly on it, this will increase the risk.
When removing your Hermès cashmere scarf, be gentle and fold it carefully back inside its original box, don’t let it sit in your closet or anywhere in your room, especially if it was tied with a tight knot, this will cause deformations or it can make it vulnerable to external agents that may damage it.
Reserve for special occasions
When you own a beautiful Hermès cashmere scarf it is natural to want to use it all the time and on every occasion you can, but it is important to know that the more you preserve it, the better. Save your cashmere scarves for special events in which you need a luxurious accessory, or a garment that can protect you from the cold seasons.
We suggest buying many different Hermès cashmere scarves that you can add to your wardrobe, this way you will have the possibility to use them daily and rotate them regularly, so you can use them evenly and avoid any accidents or damage in the long run.
So, are you ready to care for your Hermès cashmere scarves?
If you’re interested in adding one of these outstanding Hermès pieces to your collection, we offer you a complete online store where you can find a wide range of Hermès cashmere scarves with discounts, never worn and with all the authenticity documents you need to prove that you accessories are 100% genuine.
Don’t wait any longer and buy Hermès cashmere scarves with discounts right now!